Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Boobs, batteries and MORE tests

I haven't updated here in a while, and haven't shared my booby stuff. (I don't know what else to call it.)

 I wish this was me, but alas it is not.

Ever since I finished breast feeding I have had the most PAINFUL boobs at certain times of the month. Hormones changes make me moody at the best of times, but when you throw in painful boobs...let's just say that life at our place at 'that time of the month' is not a joyful place. I saw my doctor about it, and she told me that it was just normal hormonal changes.

Earlier this year I noticed that the pain had been getting worse, and not just when "Aunt Flo" visited, and more in one boob than the other. On top of that, I started getting discharge out of my nipples. "That can't be good", I thought.
We don't take chances with our boobies and this sort of thing, so off to the doctor I went.

I see a new doctor now, and she had a poke and a prod and sent me off for blood tests and an ultrasound. We found that I had lots of cysts in both my boobs. One quite large one in my left one, right where it gets sore. Funny that. So I had that sucked out last week and have been waiting on the pathology results for that.

This morning was the morning for the results (straight after school drop off), and a further poke and prod to see how we were going. I haven't been feeling very anxious about it, but I wonder if deep down below the surface there was a little bit lingering. I was a little on edge this morning, but trying to keep it light-hearted.

We went out to the car to start the school run, and when I turned the key in the ignition, there was a sound missing. The usual rumbling of the engine was nowhere to be heard. It seems that when we came in last night, Ardyn had left the interior light on (even though I had reminded her at the time "Don't forget to turn that light out when you come in") and flattened my battery. FOR THE SECOND TIME IN 3 DAYS!!!!!

Do I speak in another language? Are my words not clear? I'd get more response talking to the wall these days. Can you relate? This is a whole other post..........

After trying to jump the car with the help of a friend who came to my aid, we had no luck. She was kind enough to take Ardyn to school with her daughter (now almost half an hour late) and drop Bailey and I at Cal's car so I could take her to Kindy, BUT, with all this kerfuffle I missed my doctor's appointment. 

Why do these things always happen when you have stuff to do?

I managed to get a later appointment at the doctors, BUT the pathology results were not in. Bugger. AND when she did some more poking and prodding, decided that I need to go for a mammogram as there is another mass there she wants checked out. Double BUGGER!!

So back home again.
To be honest, I feel okay. A little flat, but okay. I don't think it's anything, I apparently have 'lumpy boobs', but you can never be too sure. I'd rather a doctor be thorough and find out it's nothing than say it's nothing and find out that it really was.

So now I await the NRMA man to come and start my car. At least I know that can be fixed with relative ease.
I just hope it's not the same guy as the other day.

2 comments:

Terri Cook said...

Oh hunny....I am sitting here gob smacked. I pray it is nothing but harmless cysts for you. Keep us posted and sending you much love from over here xxxx

Anonymous said...

http://4e7adf7d.linkbucks.com